!!> Read ➳ Stardoc (Stardoc, #1) ➶ Author S.L. Viehl – Thomashillier.co.uk

Stardoc (Stardoc, #1) Dr Cherijo Grey Veil Leaves Earth And Accepts A Position As A Physician At Kevarzanga 2 S FreeClinic Her Surgical Skills Are Desperately Needed On A Hostile Frontier World With Over 200 Sentient Species And Her Understanding Of Alien Physiology Is Nothing Short Of Miraculous But The Truth Behind Her Expertise Is A Secret Which, If Discovered, Could Have Disastrous Consequences Between Human And Alien Relations


10 thoughts on “Stardoc (Stardoc, #1)

  1. says:

    This is shallow, hokey space opera, featuring enough alien species to populate several Mos Eisley Cantinas The medical stuff is not badly done, once you shrug and accept that the doctor from earth can so easily handle alien physiology This book contains possibly the weakest although mercifully brief attempt to explain faster than light travel that I ve ever seen.But the writing is not bad and I was rather enjoying the book until about halfway through, when it began to go rapidly downhill Th This is shallow, hokey space opera, featuring enough alien species to populate several Mos Eisley Cantinas The medical stuff is not badly done, once y...


  2. says:

    The first person perspective was lacking something in this book Some plot points did not make sense For the sake of anyone who still wants to read this book I won t go into details Except for this next bit, because anyone reading the book should at least know what they re getting into.RAPE is RAPE There is no such thing as a near rape It doesn t matter a damn if the character was under some kind of alien influence It s still rape, no matter who was responsible for it No one who went thr The first person perspective was lacking something in this book Some plot points did not make sense For the sake of anyone who still wants to read this book I won t go into details Except for this next bit, because anyone reading the book should at least know what they re getting into.RAPE is RAPE There is no such thing as a near rape It doesn t matter a damn if the character was under some kind of alien influence It s still rape, no matter who was responsible for it No one who went through what the main character went through would say he forced me...


  3. says:

    This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers To view it, click here 75% of Stardoc is a fantastic science fiction novel about a strong, engaging female protagonist taking on a global crisis with wit and resourcefulness.The other 25% is a bad romance novel in which the only irritating character of the book is shoved down the readers throats as a potential love interest after raping the main character under the control of an alien intelligence , who realizes after the fact that she kind of liked it.Doesn t matter how good the rest of it is when a major plot poin 75% of Stardoc is a fantastic science fiction novel about a strong, engaging female protagonist taking on a global crisis with wit and resourcefulness.The other 25% is a bad romance novel in which the only irritating character of the book is shoved down the readers throats as a potential love interest after raping the main character under the control of an alien intelligence , who realizes after the fact that she kind of liked it.Doesn t matter how good the rest of it is when a major plot point turns the previously relatable protagonist into a bad stereotype acting out the writer s subversive sex fantasy I don t hate sex or romance in books I just hate it when it s done wrong.I was still willing...


  4. says:

    Sci fi is my favorite genre, and thanks to a combination of action heavy plots and my own tendency to speed read, it s also the one I m least likely to DNF And no question I rushed right through this despite the length, and immediately picked up the second two books I was initially intrigued because it was included on a list of sci fi with strong female leads, and in that the book delivers The heroine and narrator, Cherijo Grey Veil, is an expert surgeon of Native American heritage, and the Sci fi is my favorite genre, and thanks to a combination of action heavy plots and my own tendency to speed read, it s also the one...


  5. says:

    This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers To view it, click here I hated this book It starts out with such promise, and the writing is good, but then it goes so bad.Rape is not sexy, does not express love and is never acceptable I loathe the fact that Cherijo finds her rapist such a sympathetic character It s just grotesque that in later books she goes on to happily marry her rapist Ugh.S J Viehl is an excellent writer but has some real issues mixing sex, love and violence I think it reflects something that seems to be popular now with all these vampir I hated this book It starts out with such promise, and the writing is good, but then it goes so bad.Rape is not sexy, does not express love and is never acceptable I loathe the fact that Cherijo finds her rapist such a sympathetic character It s just grotesque that in later books she goes on to happily marry her rapist Ugh.S J Viehl is an excellent writer but has some real issues mixing sex, love and violence I think it r...


  6. says:

    I mean.not really that well written, it was just silly sometimes but I kinda enjoyed the mind candy ride D


  7. says:

    Stardoc falls most clearly into the genre of sci fi, but it does have elements of both romance and psychic power, as well as all the aliens you could possibly imagine Stardoc is set in the indeterminate future a future where Earth called Terra in this series has joined an alliance of space faring civilizations Doctor Cherijo Grey Veil is a brilliant surgeon of approx 30 years of age Driven by a unknown to the reader secret she discovers about her over domineering father, she leaves Terr Stardoc falls most clearly into the genre of sci fi, but it does have elements of both romance and psychic power, as well as all the aliens you could possibly imagine Stardoc is set in the indeterminate future a future where Earth called Terra in this series h...


  8. says:

    I liked the style It felt a lot like an old Star Trek novel in a lot of ways The various aliens and supporting characters were quite good especially her cat, Jenner, I m not just a dog person But I had a lot of issues with the emotional decisions Somehow, although Terrans are fanatical bigots, and she was raised by one of the worst, Cherijo is completely open minded to the point that she never even questions whether or not getting involved with a member of another species is ok She s a we I liked the style It felt a lot like an old Star Trek novel in a lot of ways The various aliens and supporting characters were quite good especially her cat, Jenner, I m not just a dog person But I had a lot of issues with the emotional decisions Somehow, although Terrans are fanatical bigots, and she was raised by one of the worst, Cherijo is completely open minded to the point that she never even questions whether or not getting involved with a member of ano...


  9. says:

    All in all this is a fun science fiction book with an interesting and different plot lady doctor with over controlling father on xenophobic Terra takes a job on a space outpost and has to deal with medical emergencies in uncountable species, as well as difficult co workers and culture shock There is one thing about the book that really, really bothered me though, and this is, mentioned in many other reviews, but I want to be tasteful and keep spoilers hidden view spoiler WHY THE HELL DOE All in all this is a fun science fiction book with an interesting and different plot lady doctor with over controlling father on xenophobic Terra takes a job on a space outpost and has to deal with medical emergencies in uncountable species, as well as difficult co workers and culture shock There is one ...


  10. says:

    This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers To view it, click here Dr Cherijo Grey Veil may be an expert surgeon on Terra, but has a steep learning curve on K 2 Most of her Trauma patients are of species she s never encountered before, and her fellow doctors aren t all playing nice But these are nothing compared to the contagion destroying lives before Cherijo can even identify what it is, and how to treat it.The contagion should be the final climax, but instead there sto come And are the earlier scenes with all her different patients really necessary Dr Cherijo Grey Veil may be an expert surgeon on Terra, but has a steep learning curve on K 2 Most of her Trauma patients are of species she s never encountered before, and her fellow doctors aren t all playing nice But these are not...